Immerse yourself in Spanish culture with seven unique locations to choose from. Interested in exploring Spanish history? ¡No problema! Prefer to spend time soaking up the sun on a panoramic beach? ¡Excelente! How about a metropolitan experience complete with museums, art galleries, and tapas bars? ¡Sí, por favor!
Spain is an excellent choice for a language travel experience. The birthplace of the Spanish language, Spain delights travelers with sunny beaches, gorgeous landscapes, Moorish architecture, delicious food, and safe cities.
Possible locations for your language travel adventure to Spain include:
- San Sebastián
Who are the courses for?
Whether you are just beginning to learn Spanish or are fluent, there is a course for you! Let ILI connect you with a reputable language school where you will be studying alongside other language travel adventure-seekers from around the world.
Class sizes range from 5 – 10 students. Course options vary depending on location. Some offerings include:
- 20-30 hour intensives
- Private tutorials
- Business Spanish
- Spanish literature
- Spanish and surfing
- Spanish teacher training
- …and more!
Activities & Attractions
With the option to join school-led activities or explore on your own, there are endless opportunities for immersing yourself in Spain’s culture, exploring its unique geography, and taking in its history.
- Located on the southern coast of Spain
- Take a Surfing & Spanish class
- Make tapas in a Spanish for Foodies class
- Climb the Tavira Tower to take in exceptional views of this historic city
- Wander through Parque Genovés
- Take a tour of the city’s underground caves dating back to the 16th-18th centuries
- Located in southern Spain, nestled between Sierra Nevada mountain range and the Mediterranean sea
- Visit the Alhambra
- Enjoy a wine tasting
- Take in a flamenco festival
- Go hiking and explore the tiny villages in the Alpujarras
- The capital and most populous city of Spain, located in central Spain
- Tour Old Madrid
- Join an excursion to a nearby city such as Chinchón, La Granja, Toledo, Aranjuez, and others
- Head to Goya’s Pantheon to see some fresco paintings
- Shop in the bustling open air market, El Rastro
- A cosmopolitan port city on the southern Mediterranean coast of Spain and the birthplace of Pablo Picasso
- Sign up for salsa dancing classes
- Visit the Pablo Picasso Museum
- Take a horseback riding tour
- Explore the the fortress Alcazaba
- A coastal town located on the Mediterranean, surrounded by mountains and stunning beaches
- Put your Spanish to use on a tapas tour
- Combine your Spanish studies with other interests and sign up for Spanish & Scuba Diving, Spanish & Tennis, Spanish & Salsa Dancing, or Spanish & Flamenco
- Kayak around the coast and enjoy the coves of Muro-Cerro Gordo cliffs
- Take a Spanish cooking class
- A unique mix of Spanish and Basque culture, surrounded by mountains and the sea located in northern Spain
- Spend the day on one of three urban beaches: La Concha, Ondaretta, Zurriola
- Take a Spanish & Surfing course or Spanish & Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Go hiking up Mount Ulia and enjoy a local dinner in the San Pedro village
- Wander through the Old Town, the most visited place in San Sebastián
- Located in southern Spain’s Andalusian region
- Home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Real Alcazar, Catedral de Sevilla, Archivo de Indias
- Sign up for a bike tour
- Go to a flamenco show
- Learn the basics of Spanish cooking
Let ILI help with your language travel plans!
Complete the Language Travel Form to request more information about how we can help you tailor an unforgettable immersive language learning experience.
Other Countries Where you can Learn Spanish
Learn Spanish in Colombia – Immerse yourself in Colombia culture! Courses are available in two destination cities: Cartagena and in Medellín.
Learn Spanish in Costa Rica – Courses available in two beautiful locations: Sámara Beach and Heredia City
Learn Spanish with ILI Get ready to study abroad!
World Language Classes Get ready to study abroad with an ILI online language class!
World Language Travel With partner schools in 12 countries, let ILI help you plan your next language travel adventure.
As educators we bring decades of passion to teaching languages and we believe in open access to education for language learners around the world, regardless of race, religion, gender identification, physical and mental abilities, economic standing, documentation status, and educational levels. We hope these articles help you on your language learning journey.