Costa Rica is a well-known destination for adventure vacations. Why not combine your next adventure with an immersive language learning experience? Let ILI connect you with one of our partner language school whose mission we can really stand behind- a mission to promote global awareness and tolerance through the sharing of cultures. Not only will you gain skills with the Spanish language, but also learn effective tools for communication and understanding in the evolving world culture in which we live. Language travel is available in two locations: Heredia City and Sámara Beach.
Who are the courses for?
For adults that want to experience a full Spanish language immersion, professionals who want to upgrade their Spanish language skills and socialize meeting people from around the world. If you are looking a Kids Camp, this is a great option for your kids to learn a language while having fun. There are Spanish immersion courses in Costa Rica that are available for all ages and all levels.
Get to know Costa Rica, its traditions and its rich cultural heritage by participating in daily cultural activities and events. Programs are available for as short as 1 week or for several months. Class sizes are small and personal, with a maximum of 6 students per class. Some of the courses offered include:
Group classes: 20 hours/week
Intensive classes: 20 hours/week, plus 5-10 hours private lessons
Spanish Kids Camp: 20 hours/week
Spanish & Culture Immersion for high school students: experiences ranging from 1 week to 5 months available
Attractions and Activities
- Located in central Costa Rica, less than 6 miles from San José, the capital of Costa Rica
- Travel to Monte de la Cruz nature reserve, passing by the beautiful San Rafael Church, for a nature walk in the mountainous cloud forest.
- Take a walking tour of Barva’s colonial church and historic buildings, declared National Patrimony and boasting houses made with traditional adobe and “baraheque” mud and straw techniques.
- Sign up for free extracurricular activities such as yoga, Latin dance, Zumba, intercambios, and arts.
- A tropical paradise on Guanacaste’s Pacific coast, the school is steps from the beach
- An ideal location to enjoy surfing, swimming, and kayaking
- Join a weekend excursion to:
- Rincón de la Vieja, Volcano & National Park
- Montezuma Beach and Tortuga Island
- Arenal-Monteverde, Volcano & Rainforest
- Rio Celeste National Park
Let ILI help with your language travel plans!
Complete the Language Travel Form to request more information about how we can help you tailor an unforgettable immersive language learning experience.
Other countries where you can learn Spanish
Learn Spanish in Spain – Seven unique locations to choose from: Cádiz, Sevilla, Málaga, Madrid, Nerja, Granada, and San Sebastián
Learn Spanish in Colombia – Immerse yourself in Colombia culture! Courses are available in two international destinations: Cartagena and in Medellín.
World Language Classes Get ready to study abroad with an ILI online language class!
World Language Travel With partner schools in 12 countries, let ILI help you plan your next language travel adventure.
Learn Spanish with ILI Get ready to study abroad!
As educators we bring decades of passion to teaching languages and we believe in open access to education for language learners around the world, regardless of race, religion, gender identification, physical and mental abilities, economic standing, documentation status, and educational levels. We hope these articles help you on your language learning journey.