With a TESOL Certificate, you are qualified to teach English language learners anywhere in the world.
Whether you’re a new or experienced ESL/EFL/ESOL instructor, our World Learning SIT Graduate Institute TESOL intensive course provides practical skills to become a more successful teacher and make a greater impact on the lives of your students.
The SIT TESOL Certificate course is a 180-hour English teacher training program in which you will experiment with and reflect on key teaching frameworks, core TESOL concepts, and multiple language acquisition tools.
SIT-certified TESOL trainers guide you through a comprehensive curriculum with the following modules: learning, teaching, speaking, pronunciation, structure, listening, reading, writing, and culture.
Based in Northampton, Massachusetts, ILI is committed to student-centered instruction and intercultural understanding. Participants in our TESOL courses start teaching the first week of class with ESL students from around the world. and learn techniques to use in both a physical and virtual classroom.
Completing the TESOL course means you’re ready to teach ESL/EFL students professionally at English schools in the USA or the rest of the world, from Argentina to Zambia.
Course facts, tuition and fees
A TESOL course is the most cost-effective way to train to teach English and become a qualified candidate for job markets in education around the globe. The cost of the TESOL Certificate course is $2,500, which includes a $300 non-refundable application fee.
NOTE: Our online, in-person, intensive, and extensive (part-time) options cover the same curriculum — it’s just the mode of instruction or pace of the course that differs.
IN-PERSON COURSE DATES:
- Spring Intensive 1: March 4 – 26, 2024
- Summer Intensive: July 8 – Aug 2, 2024
ONLINE COURSE DATES:
- Winter Intensive: Jan 22 – Feb. 16, 2024
- Spring Extensive: Feb. 3 – May 9, 2024 (part-time: Tues/Thurs evenings + 4 Saturdays) Saturdays = Feb. 3, March 2, March 30 and April 27
- Spring Intensive 2: April 29 – May 24, 2024
- Summer Extensive: May 18 – August 22 (part-time: Tues/Thurs evenings + 4 Saturdays) Saturdays = May 18, June 15, July 13, August 10, 2024
- Summer Intensive 1: June 3 – 28, 2024
- Summer Intensive 2: August 5-30, 2024
You will graduate with a World Learning SIT Graduate Institute’s TESOL Certificate. World Learning has been a leader in the field of TESOL for more than 30 years, and the International Language Institute (ILI) has been providing teacher training for more than 20 years. ILI is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
Looking for financial aid for your TESOL Certificate cost? The TESOL Certificate Course is an approved training course for the following programs in Massachusetts:
- Individual Training Account (ITA): Career counselors at MassHire Career Centers can help you apply for an Individual Training Account (ITA), which provides financial support to job seekers who need occupational skills training in order to successfully re-enter the workforce. Eligible individuals choose from a pre-approved list of training courses, which include English teacher training courses and TESOL course distance learning, and tuition costs are paid directly out of the ITA. To find out if you are eligible for an ITA for your TESOL Certificate cost, please contact a MassHire Career Center.
- Section 30 (Intensive Program only): Section 30, also known as the Training Opportunity Program, allows you to enroll in an approved training program such as TESOL courses while collecting unemployment insurance benefits, and may enable you to collect up to an additional 26 weeks of benefits. Section 30 does not provide funding for tuition for TESOL Certificate program, however.
- Financial aid for TESOL courses is available for Vermont residents through VSAC (Vermont Student Assistance Corporation).
- If SIT TESOL Certificate graduates later pursue a Master’s degree in teaching at the SIT Graduate Institute, a $2,000 discount will be applied to their tuition.
Are online TESOL courses valid?
Definitely, yes! Online and in-person TESOL Certificates are equally valid.
Just like any in-person equivalent, the online TESOL Certificate course qualifies you to teach ESOL/EFL/ESL at home or abroad. You will walk away with the necessary qualifications to move forward in your career as an ESL/EFL/ESOL instructor.
Whether located in an English-speaking country or a country where English is not the primary language, schools and institutions are looking to hire candidates with an online TESOL Certificate to fill ESOL/ESL/EFL teaching positions.
Remember, however, that the best TESOL intensive courses provide opportunities to put TESOL concepts into action with hands-on teaching experience. In ILI’s TESOL course, you will benefit from the chance to plan, deliver, and reflect on your own example lessons.
That’s why, as a participant in our TESOL teacher training, you’ll teach at least 6 one-hour practice classes. You will practice teaching techniques with real students, process feedback, and engage in peer observation.
The same as any in-person iteration, ILI’s online TESOL Certificate unpacks the tool kit that can make you a successful teacher. Our fully accredited TESOL distance learning courses are delivered entirely online via Zoom and Google Classroom and result in 100% valid TESOL Certificate.
Is the TESOL program for you?
ILI’s TESOL course is ideal if you’re interested in teaching English to speakers of other languages. A TESOL Certificate qualifies you to teach ESOL around the world.
With a TESOL Certificate, you can make an impact as an educator, a mentor, and an agent of change.
If you’re ready to take a deep dive into the concepts and techniques of teaching English, the TESOL course is right for you. Moreover, TESOL English teaching training is perfect if you’re ready to try new teaching tools, reflect critically on your practice lessons, and evolve as an educator.
Maybe you’ve already devoted years to English instruction. Or maybe you’ve never stepped into a classroom before. Either way, you’ll benefit from our TESOL English teacher training program and its ongoing process of planning, practice, and reflection.
You’ll gain fresh insights into the student-centered communicative language learning environment. You may end up adjusting your ideas about best teaching practices. By the end of the TESOL intensive course, you may even end up reimagining the classroom and reinventing yourself as an educator.
As a participant in our TESOL Certificate online you’ll learn the ins and outs of formulating learning goals that are relevant to the students’ lives. You’ll learn different approaches to structuring lesson plans step by step. You’ll learn techniques to boost student talk time.
Another way that our TESOL Certificate makes an impact is that it puts into practice the ideals of fairness and equity in education. TESOL teacher training will help you show how you genuinely care about the learner.
World language program: Learn French, Spanish, and German in our world language classes.
Language Travel: Learn Arabic, Chinese, Italian and Japanese at a carefully elected ILI partner school.