Our Online Semi-Intensive English Program is a part-time option in our full-time, on-campus Intensive English Program. If you want to practice English at home online with our friendly, highly qualified English teachers, this program is perfect for you and your busy schedule. For 9 hours a week, you get to have English conversations, practice grammar, and learn useful vocabulary in a supportive Zoom environment.
In the Online Semi-Intensive English Program, you practice all skill areas: speaking, writing, reading, and listening. You develop academic English and business English skills such as leading discussions, giving presentations, and writing paragraphs. Our flexible English courses combine a variety of rich materials and tools. You get a choice of topics and activities to reach your personal and professional goals.
The Online Semi-Intensive English Program boosts your English communication skills for university, business, and personal purposes. Bringing decades of expertise, our English instructors use interactive methods to make learning English fun and easy online with Zoom, Google Classroom, and other engaging apps.
Our friendly and experienced teachers care about you as an individual. You’ll fit right in with our warm, welcoming community of students from around the world. Join our amazing ESL instructors, benefit from our unique teaching methods, and enjoy lots of student interaction and instructor support in a comfortable online format!
Course Facts and Schedule
Our Online Semi-Intensive English Program option consists of 9 weekly hours of online Zoom instruction. Classes run 9am to 11:15am (EDT) Monday through Thursday, with an optional hour of afternoon homework after each class. In addition, the instructor will be free for office hours every Friday 9am to 11:15am (EDT).
Whether studying for school, work, or self-improvement, register today to reach your English goals in the dynamic virtual environment of our online semi-intensive English course.
The Online Semi-Intensive English Program includes:
- 9 weekly hours on Zoom
- Zoom class 9am – 11:15am (EDT) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Free Friday office hours online with instructor 9am – 11:15am (EDT)
- 4-week sessions with new start dates every month
- August 2 ‒ 27 (4 weeks)
- September 7 ‒ October 1 (4 weeks)
- October 4 ‒ 29 (4 weeks)
- Highly interactive student-centered ESL classes
- Caring and highly qualified IEP instructors
- Speaking, writing, and understanding for all English levels
- Certificate of completion with CEFR level (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) of ESL proficiency
- Personalized instructor feedback
- Free academic counseling to find and apply to college and university
- Online interaction with your teacher and classmates, one-to-one and in small groups
- Customized lessons to fit your individual needs, goals, and interests
- Comfortable, friendly atmosphere to share experiences, knowledge, and cultures
- Communicate with your teacher through email, Google Hangouts, or Zoom every day
- Students are 15 years and older
- Average of 8 students per class, maximum of 13
The Online Semi-Intensive English Program schedule:
9 hours of live classes each week (Zoom)
- Communicative Grammar
- Pair and group work
- Small classes with lots of individual attention
- Optional one-hour afternoon homework in Google Classroom
Live Class Schedule:
- Monday – Thursday: Zoom class 9am – 11:15am (EDT)
- Friday: Instructor office hours 9am – 11:15am (EDT)
- Fees and tuition
- $795 per month ($50 off the first month after submitting Duolingo score)
- $50 non-refundable registration fee
Please note that we use Zoom to conduct all of our live online classes. Students will need reliable internet connection, a camera, and working audio on their computer, laptop, Chromebook, or tablet to participate. Students must also have a gmail address to be able to access Google Classroom.
Don’t worry about your English proficiency level! With options for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels, our English language course helps you understand, listen, speak, read, and write. You benefit from one-on-one attention doing creative English activities in a supportive environment.
Is this course for you?
Whether you’re applying for university, seeking a job, or expanding your horizons, our English language courses gives you the language training you need. Our online English language course blends speaking activities, educational games, and communication tasks into an engaging program that relieves online fatigue and boosts English progress.
Plus, you study not just English vocabulary and grammar but also academic, business, and cultural concepts, from technology to current events to social issues to music to food to… you name it!
You don’t want to get stuck studying English lessons that don’t get you excited. Our knowledgeable career instructors customize lessons to fit you and your interests and goals. In our online English classes, you choose topics, ask questions, and drive discussions.
You can improve your English only if the classes are relevant to your life. Unlike other English language courses, our online IEP doesn’t follow a single book because it might not have the topics, exercises, and activities that you find useful.
That’s why our instructors and students collaborate to select a variety of texts, resources, apps, and materials appropriate for your English proficiency level and personal, professional, or academic purposes. We base our intensive English classes on you.
We are passionate about education and intercultural understanding. ILI instructors foster a friendly, comfortable environment for you to participate actively, build community, and take control of your learning.
In addition to the online Semi-Intensive English Program, we offer part-time courses that teach English for job interviews, college English essay writing, and English for academic and business purposes. We also offer a full-time in-person Intensive English Program on campus with the University Pathways Track.
- Online English Conversation Course
- Job and College Interview Course
- Academic and Business English Writing Course
- Full-time Intensive English Program on campus with University Pathways Track.
Related blog articles
Why do we share free information about business and academic English? Bringing decades of passion as educators, we believe in open access to education for language learners around the world, regardless of race, religion, gender identification, physical and mental abilities, economic standing, documentation status, and educational levels.
- Learn how business and academic English lessons can broaden your mind and open up a world of opportunities. Academic and business English writing specialization pays off professionally by improving your ability to edit phrases, structure arguments, and persuade peers.
- Learn techniques for brainstorming essay ideas for typical assignments in Academic English lessons or business English courses.
- Learn techniques for outlining essay ideas for typical assignments in Academic English lessons or business English courses.
Watch fun and informative videos with English tips useful for work, school, and creative writing. We continuously update our free English playlists of easy-to-understand videos.