- Our certificate is internationally recognized.
- Participants teach real classes of adult learners of English for a minimum of 6 hours.
- ILI’s trainers are certified by SIT and have Master’s Degrees in Teaching ESOL or related fields. Our trainers have worked together for many years and bring a wealth of practical teaching and cross-cultural experience to the course.
- Participants develop skills in teaching speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, intonation, vocabulary and cultural awareness.
- Participants gain a foundation in reflective practice that will enable them to continue to grow as a teacher long after the course has finished.
- Participants observe ILI teachers and their classes in action.
- Student-visa assistance.
- Host family option. Rent a private room within walking distance of the school (see “Home-stay Info“).
- ILI offers an all-Macintosh computer lab with free wi-fi throughout the school.
Unless you can find another course with as much practice teaching as ILI, don’t bother. This is where all the growth happens. If you’re going to teach people, you need to learn from and with people.
Interacting with the international students makes the month go by quickly. Be careful, the students and your peers become your friends, it will be hard to say goodbye to them at the end of the month.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Prospective teachers: The course offers practical teaching techniques to help you enter the classroom with confidence, even if you have never taught before.
- Novice and Experienced teachers: Through a process of reflection, experienced teachers explore and critique their teaching, deepen their practice and principles, and implement positive changes in a supportive environment. They explore a wide range of teaching and classroom management techniques.
Minimum Enrollment: 4 participants