Communication is everything!
We offer language courses for companies and employees that bring specialized language training to the workplace. Whether you are a health-care provider looking to improve your employee’s English skills, a business training up your staff in Spanish or other languages, or an international firm tightening up your team’s English business writing skills, our aim is to teach practical language skills that can be put to use in the workplace immediately.
We design and deliver workplace language training in English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Spanish, Portuguese and French. Incorporating workplace vocabulary and culture components, our business language training delivers the dynamic teaching and learner-centered methodology for which ILI is widely known.
How much do classes cost?
A Typical 12-week Course
- Meets 1.5 hours per week for 12 weeks or 1 hour a week for 18 weeks
- Costs $5,400 ($300/hour flat fee)*. Program length can be customized.
- Maximum on-line class capacity: 10 students per section
- Maximum in-person class capacity: 10 students per section
- Relevant materials and ILI workbook in target language
- First day assessment
- On-going evaluations and supervisor check-ins as needed
- Final evaluations and recommendations for further study
Financial Assistance for Massachusetts Businesses
Financial assistance is available to qualifying businesses with 50-100% reimbursement of the cost of language instruction. ILI is proud to be an approved provider for the Workforce Training Fund.
What are classes like?
Courses are designed to be flexible and focused on effective communication that can be used outside of class right away.
Our language training for employees integrates the four skill areas: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. At the lower levels, participants focus on speaking and understanding to make an immediate impact in the workplace. Our courses incorporate the specific grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation skills that make the most sense for your employees to learn and practice. Class activities include pair and group work, role plays, work with pictures and authentic materials (readings, audio and video, etc.), writing exercises, and vocabulary building.
How long does it take to learn a language?
There is no simple answer to this question. There are many factors that can both help and hinder a student’s learning. However, students will be able to start speaking immediately in the target language with appropriate grammar and vocabulary to match the level of class they are in.
Read our blog article: How much time does it take to learn a language?
Who are these classes for?
Whether you’re a business training up your staff in Spanish or other language or an international firm tightening up your team’s English business writing skills, our aim is to teach practical language skills that can be put to use in the workplace immediately.
Our Workplace language training also includes a cultural component to help your employees collaborate proactively with colleagues and contribute meaningfully to the mission of your organization.
Where do these classes take place?
- Classes can be held at your place of business if you are within 30 minutes of our school in Northampton, MA
- Online classes can be accessed through Zoom and Google Classroom
- Classes can also be held at our campus in Northampton
Contact Heather Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can create a course that works for you.
- Online English Program and Intensive English on campus with the University Pathways Track.
- World Language Program
- Private or semi-private tutorials
- Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
- Business Writing and communication skills
*Prices subject to change