Learn French while immersing yourself in the culture of France! Language travel adventure awaits in some of the most beautiful cities of France: Aix-en-Provence or Rouen.
- Aix-en-Provence is a vibrant university city located in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region of southern of France. Also called the city of a thousand fountains and the place that winter goes to summer with 300 sunny days a year.
- Rouen is the gourmet capital city of Normandy with a lively social life with unique medieval architecture and 1 hour from Paris. Whether enjoying a café, shopping or taking in the art and history, Rouen has something for everyone.
Who are the courses for?
For students of any age who want to experience French culture while studying the language in France.
Course Offerings & Residency Options
Depending on your interests and goals, there are a variety of courses to choose from.
Study options available for as short as 1 week or long term.
- Online and in-person classes
- Business French
- French for 50+ students
- Courses paired with activities such as yoga, golf, painting or touring and so much more
- Private lessons available
- Summer camp for children
Four different residency options available.
- Stay with a local host family
- Students’ residence and apartments
- Hotels and Lodges (gîtes)
- Private apartments
Whether you wish to explore on your own or join a tour group, there is plenty to see and do in Rouen and Aix-en-Provence.
Rouen: Beautiful capital city in the heart of Normandy
- Take a walking tour in the Old Town of Rouen
- Be awed by the WWII history on the coast
- Enjoy the regional gastronomical delights of wine, cider, cheese, mussels and more
- Be astonished as you wander along the Alabaster Coast or an old Normandy village
- Visit the many museums and cathedrals the region has to offer
Aix-en-Provence: The City of a Thousand Fountains
- Stroll the many beautiful botanical gardens and parks
- Explore Musée Granet with original work from Cézanne and Picasso.
- See Atelier Cézanne where Paul Cézanne lived and worked
- Shop at the Le Grande Marché for local fruits, vegetables, meats, and more
- Spend the afternoon touring the ancient architecture and soaking up history
Let ILI help you with your language travel plans!
Complete the Language Travel Form to request more information about how we can help you tailor an unforgettable immersive language learning experience.
Other Countries Where you can Learn French
Learn French in Québec, Canada
World Language Travel With partner schools in 12 countries, let ILI help you plan your next language travel adventure.
World Language Classes Explore all of ILI’s world language offerings.
Learn French with ILI Get ready to study abroad!
Related Articles and Student Interviews
As educators we bring decades of passion to teaching languages and we believe in open access to education for language learners around the world, regardless of race, religion, gender identification, physical and mental abilities, economic standing, documentation status, and educational levels. We hope these articles help you on your language learning journey.