Ready to make a great impression? These live online English lessons are perfect if you are currently seeking a job, applying to university, or improving your spoken academic and business English.
In this course you will practice the art of the college or job interview dialogue in English. Taught by friendly and professional career educators, our interview preparation classes will build your skills and confidence.
You will practice how to introduce yourself in a job interview, answer common interview questions, and tell compelling stories about yourself. You will analyze competency-based questions, master strategies to organize your answers, and learn effective English verbs, adjectives, and idioms for business and academic purposes.
But the college and job interview is about more than just speaking English. It’s about communicating your values, passions, and unique strengths. The interviewer already knows the facts, accomplishments, and numbers on your resume. Who’s the individual behind the data? Our job interview lessons and college interview classes equip you with skills to stand out on your big day.
No matter your personality, you can benefit from interview training. If you’re shy, you may feel uncomfortable selling yourself. If you’re an introvert, you may lack confidence facing unexpected questions under pressure. You may feel weird telling long success stories about your amazing life. If you’re an extrovert, you may be so eager to speak at length that you overdo it–sometimes less is more! Without realizing it, you may not listen to the questions, miss cues to get to the point more quickly, or come across as overconfident, which can be as much of a turn-off as lacking confidence.
In terms of the big picture, you will examine the expectations and cultural norms of English-speaking school and work environments. Which topics are appropriate or awkward? How formal is TOO formal… or just right? Which soft skills such as problem solving and emotional intelligence should you highlight?
Best of all, you will practice, practice, and practice speaking live with a friendly, experienced English teacher. With encouragement and guidance in our online job interview and college interview English classes, you can build confidence and strengthen your personal voice.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Prepare a job interview or college interview in English.
- Analyze common job interview questions and college interview questions.
- Use the STAR method to answer competency-based or behavioral style interview questions.
- Define your brand–the core values and identity you wish to communicate.
- Use active verbs appropriate for school and work to tell stories in a job interview conversation or a college interview in English.
- Write a first contact, follow-up, and thank you email during the job interview process.
- Pronounce key terms in your field with greater accuracy.
- Explain your successes, challenges, strengths, weaknesses, and previous academic and business experiences
Course facts, tuition and fees
The Job and College Interview Class consists of 8 one hour and fifteen minute lessons held in Zoom over the course of two weeks.
- Course dates: TBD February 2022
- Course fee: $195 ($25 registration fee + $170 tuition)
- Eight 75-minute lessons
- Zoom platform
- English level: CEFR B1 or higher
- Technology requirements:
- Computer with high quality mic and camera
- High-speed Internet
Is this course for you?
Are you ready to speak and practice A LOT? Our job and college interview course is a flexible English program centered on you and your needs. You are welcome to join, no matter your career or university major, and no matter your interests or goals:
- Are you advancing in your career or entering a university?
- Are you nervous about interviewing for a job or university in English?
- Do you need help with English pronunciation when speaking under pressure?
- Do you have trouble finding the right words to tell a story about yourself?
- Do you struggle organizing a story about work and school experiences?
- Are you unsure how to contact an employer before or after you prepare job interview
- Do you want to understand the expectations of business and academic culture of the US and other English speaking countries?
On the big day of your job or college interview, you want to feel confident and prepared. Whether sitting across from an employer at a desk or facing an admissions officer on Zoom, you strive to impress under stress.
Our online English courses empower you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to reach career success. With greater interviewing skills, you can make an impact on the world.
Contact Macey Faiella (email@example.com) to sign up today.
- Academic and Business English Programs
- Online English Conversation Course This two-week customized language program gives you useful vocabulary, common expressions, and conversation techniques to speak a LOT of English. Topics include travel, business, education, art, food, family, current events–whatever you want!
- Academic and Business English Writing Course. This two-week customized language program trains you in how to write better sentences, paragraphs, and papers for professional and university purposes You’ll practice the writing process from the initial brainstorm to the final proofread.
- Intensive English Program online and on campus with the University Pathways Track.
Related blog articles
While you book your academic or business English course today, improve your language skills by reading our free English articles or watching our free English lesson videos.
Why do we share knowledge of business and academic English? Bringing decades of passion teaching English, we believe in open access to education for language learners around the world, regardless of race, religion, gender identification, physical and mental abilities, economic standing, documentation status, and educational levels.
- Learn how academic English lessons can broaden your mind and open up a world of opportunities. Academic English writing specialization pays off professionally by improving your ability to edit phrases, structure arguments, and persuade peers.
- Learn techniques for brainstorming essay ideas for typical assignments in Academic English lessons or business English courses.
- Learn techniques for outlining essay ideas for typical assignments in Academic English lessons or business English courses.
- Watch fun and informative videos with Academic English tips useful for work, school, and creative writing. We continuously update our free English playlists of easy-to-understand videos.