The most important thing students and professionals alike can do is become a better writer. Our Academic and Business English writing course puts you on the path to becoming a great writer and communicator.
Writing academic English isn’t easy. Neither is business English. Both require varying levels of formality, big picture organization, and attention to detail on a sentence to sentence, word to word level.
Taught by friendly, experienced career educators, our online academic and business English lessons guide you through the writing process from brainstorming to proofreading. You will analyze different purposes of writing, develop paragraphs and essays, analyze different purposes of writing, organize your ideas, improve your sentences, and add English connectors for academic writing.
Best of all, you will practice, practice, and practice writing. With encouragement and guidance, you can build confidence, hone your unique voice, and stand out from the crowd.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Write a 5-paragraph essay including an introduction with a hook and thesis, body paragraphs, and conclusion with a clincher.
- Engage in the writing process from brainstorming, through outlining and multiple drafts, to final proofreading.
- Write a brief personal statement for a LinkedIn profile, university application, or other purpose.
- Write clear, concise, and correct emails to a professor, colleague, team member, or supervisor.
- Analyze multiple texts for purpose, audience, and tone.
- Edit and polish original writing for clarity, concision, and impact.
- Use basic grammar accurately and specific academic and business vocabulary effectively.
- Begin developing your unique writer’s voice.
From writing papers and proposals to composing emails to a professor or client, our Academic and Business English Writing course gives you the skills to make an impact on the page.
When you can change somebody’s mind with the written word, you can change the world.
Course facts, tuition and fees
The Academic and Business English Writing course consists of 8 one-hour and 15-minute lessons held in Zoom every Friday over the course of two months. Each lesson includes a one to two-hour asynchronous independent writing assignment for you to submit for feedback from your instructor.
- Course dates:
- TBD February 2022
- Course fee: $195 ($25 registration fee + $170 tuition)
- A class every Friday for 8 weeks
- Eight 75-minute lessons
- Zoom platform
- Google Classroom
- CEFR English Level B1 or higher
- Technology requirements:
- Computer with high quality mic and camera
- High-speed internet
- Gmail account
Is this course for you?
When it comes to writing, getting started is the hardest part. Whether you’re perfecting an essay or hammering out a proposal, we can help you turn an empty page into a persuasive paper.
The writing process is an art, not a science. If you’re looking for a flexible, supportive place to learn and practice new writing techniques, look no further. You’ve found your home-base to unleash the creative spark for success in your career.
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, this course is for you:
- Do you plan on attending a US university and your academic writing needs to level up?
- Are you advancing in your career and your business writing needs to level up?
- Do you want your emails to make a great impression?
- Do you need to write for the IELTS or TOEFL but are sick of boring test prep courses?
- Do you get stuck coming up with fresh ideas to write about?
- Do you get stuck picking the best English words for your meaning?
- Do you get stuck editing your writing to make it sound right?
If so, now’s the time to sharpen your way with words. Sign up for our Academic and Business English writing course today or reach out and telling us how we can help you.
- Academic and Business English Programs
- Online English Conversation Class. This two-week customized language program gives you useful vocabulary, common expressions, and conversation techniques to speak a LOT of English. Topics include travel, business, education, art, food, family, current events–whatever you want to explore!
- Job and College English Interview Class. This two-week customized language program trains you in how to succeed during the job interview process, from the first email to final handshake. You’ll analyze competency-based interview questions, create STAR answers, and practice speaking A LOT.
- Intensive English Program (IEP) online and on campus with the University Pathways Track. For a more intensive experience, this customized language program consists of 21 hours a week and runs in 4-week monthly sessions. The IEP incorporates speaking, writing, reading, and listening lessons useful for both general English learners and academic and business English students.
Related blog articles
While you book your academic or business English course, improve your language skills by reading our free English articles or watching our free English lesson videos.
Why do we share knowledge of business and academic English? Bringing decades of passion teaching English, we believe in open access to education for language learners around the world, regardless of race, religion, gender identification, physical and mental abilities, economic standing, documentation status, and educational levels.
- Learn how business and academic English lessons can broaden your mind and open up a world of opportunities. Academic and business English writing specialization pays off professionally by improving your ability to edit phrases, structure arguments, and persuade peers.
- Learn techniques for brainstorming essay ideas for typical assignments in Academic English lessons or business English courses.
- Learn techniques for outlining essay ideas for typical assignments in Academic English lessons or business English courses.
- Watch fun and informative videos with English tips useful for work, school, and creative writing. We continuously update our free English playlists of easy-to-understand videos.