ILI offers Workplace Programs that bring specific language to the workplace.
We design programs in Spanish, Portuguese, English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Business Writing to meet the needs of a particular workplace. Specialized vocabulary and workplace culture are integrated into the learner-centered methodology for which ILI has become recognized. We provide initial assessment, on-going evaluation and reports, check-ins with supervisors and other interested personnel and final evaluation and recommendations.
Financial assistance is available to employers who provide language instruction in their workplaces. ILI is an approved provider for the Workplace Training Fund which provides reimbursement for up to 50% of the cost of language instruction. For more about the Workplace Training Fund, go to http://workforcetrainingfund.
General Workplace Language Class Description
Summary of Levels:
- Elementary: Basic communication in the past, present and future.
- Intermediate: Review of basic structure and fluency development.
- Advanced: Focus on accuracy and development of sophisticated vocabulary.
Click here for a more in-depth description of language levels.
Components of Language
Participants work on the four skill areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing) with an emphasis, at the lower levels, on speaking and understanding. Grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation are integrated into the class. There is also a cultural component and on-going assessment and evaluation.
Pair and group work, role plays, work with pictures and authentic materials (readings, audio and video tapes, etc.), writing exercises, games, and vocabulary building. After the initial elementary level, activities are designed to reflect the special interests of the group.
- English in the Workplace (Clients include Shop Rite in Chicopee, Hatfield’s C&S Grocers, Holyoke’s Ampad and Specialty Loose Leaf, the Holyoke Public School Systems, Hampden Papers and many more.)
- Spanish for Real Estate, Banking, Health Care Workers, Doctors, Law Enforcement, Business, Social Workers (Clients include Northampton Police, Public Schools and City Hall; Holyoke Public Schools, Fire Department and Hospital; Greenfield Savings Bank, Bay State Hospital and Bay State Health Systems; Mercy and Providence Hospitals; Kollmorgen; ServiceNet; The National Guard and many more. )
Costs vary depending on the program and number of hours. We design programs to meet your budget.