The International Language Institute of MA, located in downtown Northampton, MA, is made up of an enthusiastic and dedicated group of students, teachers, and community supporters who have been working together for 38 years to advance our mission of encouraging multicultural understanding and creating strong, diverse communities through language instruction and teacher training.
Part-time World Language Instructor
ILI is seeking
- Spanish Instructor
- Online classes (1.5 hour classes) are generally scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Thursday evenings.
- Some day time in-person classes
- Optional workplace classes within 20-25 miles of ILI with paid mileage
- Optional private and semi-private tutorials are flexibly scheduled as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, relevant experience or certification
- One-year teaching experience (learner-centered teaching a plus)
- Online teaching experience preferred, but not required (knowledge of Google suite a plus)
- Fluency in target language. Native speakers preferred, but not required.
- Learner-centered teaching focusing on lessons that get students speaking and using the language.
- Maintenance of class files (progress reports, attendance, evaluations)
- Participate in professional development workshops at least twice a year. These are held on the 3rd Friday of every month from 1-3pm and are paid.
- Email us with your CV or resume and tell us a little about yourself.
- Send to: Samira Artur (email@example.com) and Heather Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Open Call for Applications: Board of Directors!
The International Language Institute of Massachusetts (ILI) is a private, not-for-profit language school founded in 1984 and located in Northampton, Massachusetts. Our mission is to promote intercultural understanding by providing high-quality language instruction and teacher training.
We are going through an exciting institutional development process. A key aspect of that process is expansion of the current governing Board of Directors through an open call for applicants.
Working closely with institutional leadership, our board members provide guidance in institutional development; establish policy, procedures and regulations to govern ILI’s operations; and monitor the organization’s finances, strategic plan, programs, and performance.
We seek highly committed board members with experience in legal affairs, marketing, finance, organizational governance, and local and global engagement and who are willing to join our diverse board and contribute to the growth of ILI. Board members will be asked to fulfill the following duties and commitments.
- Attend meetings and participate in and show commitment to board activities, events, and committees
- Be well-informed and prepared for meetings
- Contribute skills, knowledge, and experience
- Contribute financially (no minimum amount specified)
- Listen respectfully to other viewpoints
- Assume leadership roles in board activities, including fundraising
- Advocate for and represent ILI to the public, businesses, and government entities
- Educate yourself about the needs of the people ILI serves
- Help to positively impact the lives of refugees and immigrants
- Attend regularly scheduled board meeting (monthly meetings/calls)
- Attend board retreats, planning sessions, and board development workshops
- Attend and participate in ILI special events
Interested? Just send a letter of inquiry to Rebecca Lorimer Leonard, ILI Governance Committee Chair: Rlorimer@english.umass.