Choose 2 or 3 of the below points to reflect on while observing teachers.
- How does the teacher introduce the lesson?
- Does every learner talk? For how long? When do the learners talk to each other?
- How many learners are participating in the activity? For what length of time?
- How does the teacher correct learner errors?
- How does the teacher make transitions from one activity to another?
- What is the ratio of learner/teacher talking time?
- What is the ratio of skills practiced: (listening/speaking/reading/writing)?
- How much does the teacher check for learner comprehension?
- How much native language is used? When?
- What is the focus (goal) of the lesson?
- How many different ways is the focus presented and/or practiced?
- Does the teacher do feedback?
- How does the teacher conclude the lesson?