The International Language Institute is known the world over for its creative approach to teaching and learning languages. Teachers are supportive and mindful of students’ goals. Their expertise shines through the lessons that they teach, and in their ability to get you up and using the language right away.
ILI is also a Professional Development Points (PDPs) provider for the state of Massachusetts as well as a provider of Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
2023 Program Calendar
|2023 Program Schedule||Date||Cost|
|Winter: 10 weeks||Jan. 24 - March 30, 2023||$359|
|Spring: 12 weeks||April 10- June 29, 2023||$429|
|**Summer: 6 weeks||July 18 - August 24, 2023||$429|
|**Summer classes meet twice a week. The schedule will be posted in May 2023.|
|Fall: 12 weeks||Sept. 21 - Dec. 14, 2023||$429|
What are Classes Like?
Many folks feel a bit nervous on their first day back in the classroom. While each teacher has their own personal style, all of our teachers are trained in our student-centered approach to teaching. This means that they are here to focus on getting you to use the language. Classes are small, with an average of 6-8 and maximum of 8 students. Here are some things that you can expect from any language class that you choose to take at ILI.
|● Each class begins with a warm-up activity to help get you speaking right away.
● Grammar and vocabulary relevant to the speaking and writing goals that you share with your teacher.
● Pronunciation practice, tips and tricks to help you communicate clearly.
● Cultural elements: quite often, your teacher is either a native speaker, or has lived and worked abroad.
● Language activities aimed at speaking production, such as talking about pictures, listening to music or watching video clips in the target language, casual interviews with other classmates, partner work and tabletop games and more.
● Time for you to ask questions and share your ideas.
● Homework and other resources for you to work on outside of class.