IEP University Pathways Track
We want you to succeed at university. Successful students need to learn not only English but also U.S. academic culture. That is why many international students choose ILI’s University Pathways Track in the Intensive English Program.
In the University Pathways Track in the Intensive English Program (IEP), you will receive individualized support to transition successfully to a university or college. Instead of cramming for exams or memorizing grammar rules, you will practice a well-balanced set of skills including essay writing, classroom participation, interactive presentations, small-group discussions, team collaboration, academic research, and critical analysis. By focusing less on test taking and more on academic training, you will be better positioned to succeed in your university program.
ILI partners with 12 carefully selected regional colleges and universities and with Shorelight Education, which offers undergraduate and graduate degrees at 14 schools around the United States. Our regional University Pathways Track IEP students do NOT need to take the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or other standardized ESL test. A University Pathways Recommendation from ILI satisfies our partner university’s English requirements, thus exempting students from taking additional ESL exams.
Students who go on to schools through our Shorelight Education partnership and apply through the international direct admissions process will be able to enroll directly into the university and be fully immersed in their degree program as soon as they arrive on campus.
ILI’s University Pathways Track schools offer diverse programs from the community college level all the way through graduate level studies. If you’re concerned about finances, ILI partners with low-cost, highly accessible community colleges such as Greenfield Community College and Holyoke Community College. Simply put, community colleges cost less and offer more flexible admission pathways. There is an ILI partner to fit every student.
Below is a list of our 12 regional partner schools and their most popular programs for international students.
- Bay Path University – Programs: Business, Education, Biology, Legal Studies, Psychology, Forensic Science, Occupational Therapy and Criminal Justice
- Boston Architectural College – Programs: Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Historic Preservation, Sustainable Design and Design for Human Health
- Cambridge College – Programs: Management Studies, Human Services, Psychology, Early Childhood Education, & Health Care Management. Graduate: Mental Health Counseling, Master of Business Administration, Autism/Behavior Analyst, School Nurse Education, Teacher of Students with Moderate Disabilities
- Elms College – Programs: Business Management, Computer Information Technology, Post-baccalaureate Pre-medical and Master of Business Administration
- Greenfield Community College – Programs: Renewable Energy, Engineering, Farm and Food Systems, Business Administration, and University transfer options (automatic acceptance for qualified students)
- Holyoke Community College – is a two-year college located in Holyoke, Massachusetts offering academic, transfer, and non-credit programs
- Lasell University – Programs: Fashion Design, Fashion and Retail Merchandising, Business, Communication, Resort and Casino Management
- Paul Smith’s College – Programs: Culinary Arts; Hotel, Resort and Tourism Management; Baking and Pastry Arts; Environmental Science; Natural Resource Management and Policy; Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
- Springfield College – Programs: Arts, Sciences and Professional Studies; Health, Physical Education and Recreation; Health Sciences and Rehabilitation Studies; and Social Work
- Western New England University – Programs: Business, Sports Management, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Communication
- Westfield State University – Programs: Business Management, Criminal Justice, Education, Movement Science, Psychology and Communications
- UMass Amherst Graduate School – Programs: Computer Science, Psychology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering
- For more information about our National University Partners, contact Chris Elliott: firstname.lastname@example.org.