- Learn English through speaking, listening, reading, and writing in small interactive classes.
- Improve both fluency and accuracy through classes that emphasize active participation and communication.
- Strengthen grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation skills through dynamic, hands-on exercises.
- Practice speaking and understanding at the beginning and elementary level, while also developing reading and writing skills.
- Focus on writing and reading strategies at the intermediate and advanced levels, while also improving speaking accuracy and expanding vocabulary.
- Prepare for university through essay writing, class presentations, group projects, and peer collaboration.
- Enjoy cultural exchange with students from around the world.
- Explore a friendly, interesting, and beautiful New England community.
Student performance is measured through tests, writing samples, homework, classroom participation and ongoing teacher and self-evaluations. Students who show satisfactory progress and attend at least 80% of classes receive a certificate of completion. Levels at ILI are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Students on the University Pathways Track receive a recommendation for an ILI Partner School upon achieving competency in B2 CEFR, which correlates approximately to TOEFL iBT 80+ and IELTS 6.5+.
|Sample IEP Daily Schedule: *|
|9:00-12:00||English in use with focus on communicative grammar and vocabulary|
|1:00-2:30||Integrated academic skills with focus on reading and writing|
|*On Fridays, classes end at 12:00 noon.|