ON CAMPUS IEP
ILI’s Intensive English Program (IEP) offers highly interactive, student-centered classes for academic, business, and personal goals. The location of Downtown Northampton offers both the fun of a city and the friendliness of town. As a student, you not only learn language and cultural skills but also join a warm, welcoming community. ILI also offers an 4-week online IEP and 2-week English courses that include English for job interviews, college essay writing, and other academic and business purposes.
- Highly interactive student-centered ESL classes
- Caring and highly qualified IEP instructors
- Speaking, writing, and understanding for all English levels
- Communicate effectively for academic and business purposes
- 21 intensive hours of instruction and practice per week
- Students are 15 years and older
- Average of 8 students per class, maximum of 13
- Private tutorial sessions available
- Internet-connected and wi-fi computer lab for online work; free access to OpenBook Learning software
- Certificate of completion with CEFR level (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) of ESL proficiency
- Home-stay options with area hosts
- Free academic counseling to find and apply to college and university
- Volunteer tutor program connects students with members of the local community for face-to-face conversation and cultural exchange.
- University Pathways: conditional acceptance for qualified students to 12 regional colleges and universities
- Northampton is located in a beautiful area less than two hours from Boston
- Local attractions include museums, concert venues, libraries, universities, international restaurants, hiking trails, and more.
Bringing decades of dedication and expertise, ILI instructors use fun, practical methods to make English come alive. Classes address different learning styles by incorporating visual, tactile, kinesthetic, aural, and verbal aspects. Lessons integrate speaking, writing, listening, and reading activities with a focus on active student participation. If you are not able to attend in-person classes, ILI uses the same comfortable learner-centered methodology to deliver both 2-week and 4-week online English courses via Zoom, Google Classroom, and other easy-to-use online tools. There is an ILI program to fit your English learning needs.