ILI’s 2016 Giving Voice Event a Huge Success!
- Maria Teresa Cruz receives ILI’s Andrea Raphael Award
- Salomon Hernandez, Mitchell Lopez, and Zeynep Dere share their stories
- Donors and businesses contribute more than $40,000 for ILI’s free English classes
Giving Voice: A Benefit for English Language Learners
Why Support Giving Voice?
- Since 1988 ILI has been providing free English classes for immigrants and refugees from Franklin, Hampden and Hampshire counties.
- These free English classes help change lives. Our students gain the skills necessary to access better education and employment through classes that focus on conversation, academic skills and citizenship.
- Students are community members whose careers include work in the service industry, factories, hospitals, the computer industry and personally-owned businesses.
- As students’ English skills improve, so do their opportunities.
This is an on-going effort to close the gap between program costs and state-granted funds for English for Community Refugees and Immigrants.
The International Language Institute of Massachusetts, Inc. as a private, non-profit (501c3) language school. Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent provided by law. ILI accepts the following charitable donations:
- Online payment via PayPal (see above) (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover accepted)
- Download a pledge card to send in with your donation
- Appreciated stocks or property
- Bay Path University
- Florence Bank
- Health New England
- Hotel Northampton
- SIT Graduate Institute
- Signature Sounds
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Westfield State University
Silver Sponsors: American Benefits Group, Center for International Studies, Curran & Berger LLP, Easthampton Savings Bank, Northeast Solar, Nourse Farms, Public Emily, Whittlesey & Hadley P.C.
Bronze Sponsors: Connecticut Business Systems, Fierst, Kane & Bloomberg LLP, Freedom Credit Union, Weinberg & Gerber PC, Western New England University
Friendship Sponsors: Aquadro & Associates, The Artisan Gallery, Berkshire Brewing Company, Breakthrough Business Advisors, Bueno Y Sano, Cooley Dickinson Health Care, Florentine Films, Maple and Main Realty, Vera Vlasenko
Alexis Johnson Annex Campaign
Alexis Johnson, Executive Director and co-founder of ILI, will retire at the end of the year. Please support her legacy and donate to our campaign to buy permanent classroom space for the school. Purchasing the Alexis Johnson Annex will save ILI 40% of current rent payments each year, and will enable funds to be reinvested in important programs and services, including our Free English for Refugees and Immigrants Program.
Downpayment Goal: $42,000
Funds Raised to Date: $25,622
We are grateful to have received a grant from the Beveridge Family Foundation.
You can make a quick and secure donation using PayPal: