Every challenge is truly an opportunity! And 2020 was surely a challenging year, with many uncertain moments. But gifts from hundreds of individual donors and business sponsors lifted us up to keep ILI going during the first year of the COVID pandemic.
Here’s what they helped do:
- Transition the school to remote learning—all classes (25!) are now online.
- Provide 80+ immigrants and refugees access to remote and free English classes.
- Kickstart the IMPACT Fund—a new initiative to stabilize finances as we grapple with the long-lasting impacts wrought by the pandemic.
It’s no exaggeration to say we couldn’t have done it without their support!
Now in the second year of pandemic challenges, we’re launching the Spring Fundraising Initiative, asking you to help in 2021. Your donations this spring mean:
- We can continue to pay our bills as we re-imagine our bricks and mortar facility to meet mandated health and safety standards.
- Teachers can continue to teach.
- Immigrants and refugees will continue to learn in the free English classes.
- And every student, here and abroad, will be able to choose between online and in-person classrooms, building the connections that make this school a family of friends with a common purpose—“promoting intercultural understanding and diverse communities.”
The generosity of those who believe in our mission continues to amaze! And we invite you to join this effort. Your special gift this spring to the IMPACT Fund will ensure the resources are there to deliver quality language instruction to every ILI student—now and post-pandemic!
To learn what your support means for students, teachers, and staff and how you can contribute, just click here DONATE